It’s Hard to Believe that we are almost through the mid-point of the 2012 NFL Season. After this week there will be Eight more Games to Decide Which Teams will have the Kahunas to make the Playoffs. 2012 has been a very crazy season….up and down….some key stars shining….some stars declining…some rookies playing like veterans…some rookies making teams second guess their drafty day decisions. There have been record tying field goals…numerous overtime thrillers…some very surprising upsets…some teams on the rise…some teams on the way to their demise…some coaches taking it to the next level…some coaches same old/same old (Sorry Andy Reid)…many key season ending injuries (Ray Lewis, Derel Revis, etc.), some stars playing well for new teams…some high price free agent busts…and some dramatic comeback players (Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson). Let’s face it…there has been no lack of drama and surprises on every facet of the game. Well, this will be the midway point between Aaron and I in our first season of picks. We are very close thus far and have been both up and down each week with our picks. Aaron went a season best 11-1 last week to take the points lead, while I had a mediocre 6-6. Ok time to get to the picks for Week 8. Hopefully this will be a successful week Against The Spread as well as outright. Here are my Week 8 Picks:
1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Minnesota Vikings- Well I missed this Thursday’s game…very busy with work but we are going to go on the honor system here. Minnesota was favored by 6.5 Points at home against the Bucs. I know its after the fact, but I truly did have the Buccaneers winning this game outright. They almost pulled out a last second win at New Orleans last week albeit for a bad call and their offense has been on a role the past three weeks. Josh Freeman is coming into his own as a Quarterback and has now thrown 3 Touchdowns in Four Straight Games and over 250 Yards in those games also, even throwing for 400 yards in 2 of those games.
2) New England Patriots @ Saint Louis Rams- The Patriots have not played as the dominant team that they usually are. They have been upset by the Cardinals and Seahawks and were almost upset last week against the Jets. They are favored by a touchdown on the road in Saint Louis, a team that really has struggled. I expect a huge game from Tom Brady in this one and i feel that the Patriots will roll over the Rams…I can even see this game being a two touchdown margin.
3) Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans- The Titans are favored by 3.5 at home against the Colts. Both of these teams have been inconsistent so this game could go either way. Andrew Luck has been ok, but the Colts are struggling to run the ball. Chris Johnson has been resurgent the past few weeks for Tennessee. Im going to take the Colts to win and cover although this one could easily go the other way…when in doubt go with the home team.
4) Jacksonville Jaguars @ Green Bay Packers- The Packers are favored by 13 in this one at home against a banged up Jaguars team. The Jags are missing their starting running back Maurice Jones-Drew as well as their starting Quarterback Blain Gabbert. The Packers, on the other hand are operating on all cylinders. Aaron Rodgers is playing like a man possessed. Im taking the Packers to win and cover.
5) San Diego Chargers @ Cleveland Browns- The Browns were the last team to get a win and have played a little better the past few weeks. The Chargers are coming off a a bye and are well rested. Philip Rivers usually plays well after a bye and has had some huge games in the past against the Browns. San Diego is favored by a field goal and I believe they will win this game easily and cover.
6) Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles- Who knows if the impending Hurricane Sandy will effect the ability to get this game in or not. Atlanta comes into Philly with the best record in the NFC and they are playing tremendous defense as well as sporting a potent offense. The Eagles are favored by 2.5 at home, but have been terribly inconsistent. They totally blew a Fourth Quarter Lead against a bad Detroit Lions team. However, as horrible as Andy Reid has been lately, the Eagles are 13-0 with him as their coach after a bye week. And the Eagles track record the past few years has been to play poorly against bad teams and somehow beat the teams they are not supposed to beat. Take the Eagles to win and cover in this one, whenever the game gets played.
7) Seattle Seahawks @ Detroit Lions- The Seahawks have been a total surprise this year and are playing excellent football. In contrast….The Lions have been a huge disappointment and were lucky to win two weeks ago at the Eagles. They looked terrible on Monday night against the Bears. Although Detroit is favored at home by 2.5 points, I am taking Seattle to win this one outright.
8) Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets- These games are always the BEST. The Jets are favored by 2.5 Points at home. Last time I took the Dolphins to beat the Jets they lost. I am taking the Dolphins again after a bye to beat the Jets.
9) Carolina Panthers @ Chicago Bears- The Bears have been stellar and Jay Cutler looks like a new found star now that he has been reunited with Brandon Marshall. Matt Forte continues to be an elite force on the ground and the Bears Defense has been one of the best if not thee best in the league. The Bears are favored at home by 7.5 points and I feel that they will easily win and cover.
10) Washington Redskins @ Pittsburgh Steelers- The Steelers are favored by 5 points in this one. Both teams have been up and down. Neither team has really built an identity. I will take the steelers to win and cover in this one.
11) Oakland Raiders @ Kansas City Chiefs- The Chiefs are favored by 1.5 at home, almost a pick em. Go with the Chiefs to win by a field goal. The Raiders have also been inconsistent.
12) New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys- The Cowboys are favored by 1 point at home in this tough divisional rivalry game. The Cowboys have been playing better, but are missing their top 2 Tailbacks. Big Blue has been excellent against the spread and I personally cannot bet against them right now. Take the Giants to win at Dallas.
13) New Orleans Saints @ Denver Broncos- The Saints have won 2 Straight…but they are still neglect on Defense. The Broncos are favored by 6 at home and after the way Peyton has been playing…I have to take the Broncos to win and cover.
14) San Francisco 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals- This will be a division dogfight. The Cardinals are favored by 6.5 against the 49ers. Take the Cardinals to win but the 49ers will cover.
Fantasy Start /Sit- Real Quick….Start all the star players this week…its time for everyone to shine.
*******STAY TUNED TO AARON”S PICKS SOON TO COME*********