Wow….It’s Week 12…Thanksgiving a thing of the past…3 good games on Thursday…Black Friday madness…insane amounts of shoppers and money spent. It’s Sunday, November 25th. A day before the opening of Buck Season in Pennsylvania…over a million hunters will venture into the woods hoping to bag a big trophy buck (Myself Included). Anyways…there are Four Games left in the season and playoff implications are on the line in many games. At this point…the race is on for the best record in each conference and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Now to Week 12’s picks:
1) Oakland Raiders @ Cincinnati Bengals- The Bengals are favored by 8.5 points at home. Cincy is playing much better and Andy Dalton/AJ Green have been on a role. In contrast, Oakland has been terribly inconsistent. Their Defense has been suspect and their usual strength (running game) has been inept due to lingering injuries to Darren McFadden. My pick is the Bengals to win the game, but Oakland will cover the spread. Aaron on the other hand takes Cincy to win and cover and AJ Green will have his 10th straight game with a Touchdown Reception.
2) Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns- The Steelers are favored by 1.5, even without Rothlisberger. The Steelers are tough on Defense and will rely on their running game to control the clock. Cleveland will keep the game close, but the Steelers will win and cover the spread. Aaron agrees that the Steelers will win and cover, and he feels it will be a low scoring game.
3) Buffalo Bills @ Indianapolis Colts- The Colts are favored by 3 at home. Andrew Luck may be the rookie of the year in the NFL and is showing the team that they made a move in the right direction. The Bills get Fred Jackson back and have a great 1-2 punch in the running game with Jackson and Spiller. I’m gonna take the Bills to win outright behind their strong running game. Aaron believes that Indianapolis will win at home and cover the spread. He expects a big game from Reggie Wayne.
4) Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs- Denver is favored by 10.5 on the road. Peyton Manning continues to dominate the AFC and already should be cemented as the comeback player of the year in the NFL. The loss of Willis McGahee could be bigger than expected, though as he really has brought balance to the Denver Offense. Denver will win, but KC will cover the spread. Aaron and I both agree on this one.
5) Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars- The Titans are favored by 3.5 on the road. Chris Johnson has resurrected his career and the Titans have looked good at times. Jacksonville on the other hand has been the worst team in the NFL. However, the Jaguars are due and Aaron and I are both taking the Jags to win outright.
6) Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears-
The Bears are favored by 6.5 at home
and are getting Jay Cutler back. The Vikings are still in the playoff hunt, but Chicago’s Defense will be too much. Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall will be back to the grind. Chicago wins and covers…Aaron and I both concur.
7) Atlanta Falcons @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Atlanta is favored by 1.5 on the road. Aaron says The Falcons will win and cover. I’m taking Tampa Bay at home behind another big game by Josh Freeman. Atlanta is due for a
8) Seattle Seahawks @ Miami Dolphins- The Seahawks are favored by 3 on the road. I’m taking Seattle, who continues to impress the league. Expect Marshawn Lynch to pound the ball and get 100 yards/2 Touchdowns. Aaron feels that Seattle will be jet lagged by the trip and Miami will upset.
9) Baltimore Ravens @ San Diego Chargers- Baltimore is favored by 1 so this game could go either way. Aaron and I both are taking Baltimore to win and cover with an inconsistent Philip Rivers struggling week in and week out.
10) San Francisco 49ers @ New Orleans Saints- The Niners are favored by 1.5 on the road. Aaron is taking the Niners in a tough game while i am going to say that The Saints continue their hot streak…as they try to become the first team in NFL history to start a season 0-4 and then make the playoffs. Drew Brees is a Beast!
11) Saint Louis Rams @ Arizona Cardinals- The Cardinals are favored by 1.5 at home. Aaron and I are both taking the Rams to win against an Arizona team that has been in disarray after a strong start. The Rams win by at least a touchdown.
12) Green Bay Packers @ New York Giants- The Giants are favored by a field goal. Eli has been inconsistent and their wide receivers have disappeared. Aaron and I are taking the Pack to destroy the NY Football Giants.
13) Carolina Panthers @ Philadelphia Eagles- Carolina is favored by 3 points and we both agree Carolina in a route!!!
Five to Start;
1) Brandon Marshall
2) Steelers Defense
3) AJ Green
4) Reggie Wayne
5) Josh Freeman