Well Folks I was 2 out of 4 on my picks. Thats not too good of start for this year’s Playoffs. However, all of the games were competitive and we even saw the second biggest comeback in the history of the NFL Playoffs. Well there are ten things that I took out of the wild card round.
1) Dome Teams can win in the cold weather. The Saints beat the Eagles at the Linc so that may be the most overrated theory in Football.
2) Home field Advantage and a Division Win does not necessarily mean that the home team will win. Philly, Cincy, and Green Bay all lost at home.
3) The final score is not over until Andy Reid is your coach.
4) Even though the Eagles lost to the Saints, there is a a bright future for this franchise and this team definitely was able to capture the entire Football Community from the depths of the river below the Walt Whitman Bridge.
5) Even good Quarterbacks can struggle in big games and Defense and the Run are still the major keys in winning a playoff game.
6) Andy Dalton is not the answer at Quarterback for the Bengals…they have too much talent around for him to not succeed.
7) Having a good Kicker that can consistently kick the ball into the end zone for a touchback is underrated. Chip, please let Henry stick to Golf.
8) Frank Gore is still the spoon that stirs the 49ers Drink.
9) Andy Reid lived up to his biggest criticism once again as far as Clock Management. Also, the fact that the Chiefs started out 9-0 and are bounced out in the first round shows that its not how you start, but yet how you finish that matters in the NFL.
10) I am so sick of hearing Chris Collinsworth and Al Michaels voices. Please NBC, its time for the changing of the guard.
So the first round of the NFL Playoff’s are in the books. Congratulations to the New Orleans Saints, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers, and San Diego Chargers as they live to see another week. Meanwhile, players in Green Bay, Philly, KC, and Cincinnati are packing their stuff from their lockers and its off to the Golf Course. How many days is it till spring training??? Just Kidding. Anyways, the playoffs are off to an exciting start and Im sure there will be much more excitement. Meanwhile, back on the ranch, The Denver Broncos, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, and New England Patriots all lie in wait as they study their prey. Stay tuned as later in the week I will have my picks for the Divisional Round. In the meantime, Happy New Year to all of my fans and thanks again to INTHENEUTRALZONE. If you are looking for a good website with a good mix of sports blogs, check it out sometime. Also, I want to thank all of you as my blog has went over 9,000 Views!!! Till next time droogies…ROCK ON AND GET READY FOR WEEK 2 of the NFL’s greatest show.